James F. Scherer
Email Mr. Scherer
James F. Scherer assists clients in general civil litigation, torts and personal injury litigation, medical malpractice, products liability litigation, commercial litigation, business litigation, criminal defense, and complex white collar criminal defense matters.
Mr. Scherer graduated from Regis University with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. He continued on to the University of Denver College of Law where he earned his Juris Doctorate. He was admitted to practice law in Colorado the same year that he graduated from law school. He is also admitted to the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, both the Tenth and Ninth Circuits for the U.S. Courts of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Scherer's many reported cases include Reyes v. People; Espinosa v. Perez; Keefe v. Pizza Hut of America, Inc.; and Ward v. Allstate Insurance Co.
- State Bar of Colorado, 1984
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- Reyes v. People, 09SC 658 (Colo. 11/2/08).
- Espinosa v. Perez, 165 P.3d 770 (Colo. App. 2006)
- Keefe v. Pizza Hut of America, Inc. 900 P.2d 97 (Colo. 1995).
- Keefe v. Pizza Hut of America, Inc. 868 P.2d 1092 (Colo. App. 1993).
- Ward v. Allstate Ins. Co., 451 F.3d 353 (10th Cir. 1994).