Robert H. Miller ("Rick")
Email Mr. Miller
Robert H. Miller is a partner at the law firm of Miller & Law, P.C. representing clients in the areas of civil litigation, construction law and litigation, business law, and employment law and in matters concerning corporate organizations, small business corporations, mechanics' liens, contractor performance bonds, public works, and federal contracts.
Mr. Miller has been practicing law for over 30 years. He has received Martindale-Hubbell's AV-Preeminent rating for his legal ability, his adherence to professional standards of conduct, and his ethics, reliability, and diligence. Mr. Miller has influenced Colorado law through the reported case known as In re Regan, which was instrumental in determining the proper construction of the Colorado Mechanic's Lien Trust Fund Statute in bankruptcy proceedings. For more information on this case, please see our published cases.
Mr. Miller earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Florida and a Master's of Business Administration in Accounting from the University of North Florida. He continued on to Memphis State University to obtain his Juris Doctorate and serve as Associate Editor of the Memphis State University Law Review. He is the former President of the Professionals for Colorado Contractors Council and has been a member of their Legal Advisory Committee, Legislative Committee, and Associate/Subcontractor Council since 1990. He has also been a member of the Construction Committee of the American Bar Association since 1992.
- J.D., Memphis State University, 1978
- M.B.A., Accounting, University of North Florida, 1975
- B.S., University of Florida, 1970
- State Bar of Colorado, 1979
- State Bar of Tennessee, 1979
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1979
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2004
- Professionals for Colorado Contractors Council
- President, 1993-1994
- Legal Advisory Committee, 1990 - present
- Legislative Committee, 1990 - present
- Associate/Subcontractor Council, 1990 - present
- Member, Construction Committee, American Bar Association, 1992 - present
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Associated General Contractors
- American Subcontractor Association
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Sheet Metal Contractors Coalition
- Fowler & Peth, Inc. v. Regan (In re Regan), 151 P.3d 1281 (Colo. 2007)
- In re Regan, 477 F.3d 1209 (10th Cir. 2007).